A little about you:
You read my thoughts (literally, you guys). You leave me encouraging and hilarious comments. You laugh with me. You cry with me. You click Facebook “likes” and Twitter retweet buttons for me. You defend me to my critics. You introduce me to your friends. You’re awesome.
A little about me:
I write a blog that people other than (and including) my mom like to read. Until recently, I used my English degree and nerdy affinities to work as a book editor, ghost writer, and copy editor. I’m working right now with Civitas Press to compile and edit a community collection of essays, What a Woman is Worth. I’m a music school drop-out, but I love to sing with my worship team. I have a dirty sense of humor.
A little Christmas fun:
To show my appreciation, I want to share some of my gifts with you. Starting this Friday and over the course of the next two weeks, I’ll be giving out two gifts on every new blog post here (including guest posts and the jump to my monthly Deeper Story post).
But if you know me at all, you know I’m not going to just give it to you– I’m going to make it really fun. Ahem.
Each blog post will include a real gift and a white elephant gift. To enter to receive a gift, you’ll leave a comment on that day’s post. The next day, I’ll announce the randomly chosen recipient of each one.
The recipient of the real gift can go on his or her merry way. The recipient of the white elephant gift will have a decision to make: Keep it for yourself or re-gift it to another commenter you choose from the same post. If you’re the recipient of the re-gift, you keep it!
A little sneak peek:
Based on recent Twitter and Facebook feedback, I created your very own TOL 12 Gifts of Christmas Wish List! You can take a peek at the gifts now, but you’ll have to come back to see which have been paired up on each post.
1. I review/edit/advise on a post/document/manuscript sample of yours (800 words or fewer) or offer a general critique of your blog.
2. My worship team and I record your favorite Christmas song.
3. I guest post for you.
4. I promote your blog/website/cause in one of my blog posts.
5. You interview me for your blog.
6. You choose the topic of a post I write.
White elephant gifts
7. I send you the infamous Hot Stuff sign, personalized as I see fit.
8. I virtually haunt you on Twitter for a day with a feigned strong emotion of my choosing (e.g. indignation, adoration, etc.).
9. I send you a tacky Florida postcard.
10. I leave an IYKWIM/TWSS/Ahem comment on your blog.
11. I search bomb you.
12. I send you a homemade Christmas card. (Note: I am artistically disinclined.)
I can’t wait to start handing these out! Which gift are you most excited about?